Manager of Finance & Planning Jobs in Union Assurance PLC English Details
Manager – Finance & Planning
Manager– Finance & Planning
Union Assurance is a leading corporate and the fastest growing entity in the Life Insurance industry backed by the strength and stability of John Keells Holdings PLC, one of Sri Lanka’s largest listed conglomerates. For the 9th year, the company has received the GPTW certification as a ‘Best Employer Brand,’ and in 2020 was awarded the ‘Global Employer Brand’ by the World HRD Congress.
We are looking for an ambitious, hands on, qualified professional to be part of our finance team to work on financial reporting and finance transformation projects.
- Work closely with the technical accounting team to ensure continued compliance with current and upcoming accounting standards.
- Work within the financial transformation team and lead/work on areas of an assigned project.
- Liaising with consultants, auditors and any other regulatory bodies
- Preparation of Budgets, forecasts and business plan
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
The Applicant should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting / Finance / Management from a recognized university with a professional qualification in CASL/ACCA/CIMA
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in an Audit firm or Finance department of a Life Insurance Company
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Technical knowledge on SLFRS 17 and other accounting standards will be an advantage.
- Excellent verbal skills, Negotiation skills, strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Candidates with less experience maybe considered for an Assistant Manager – Finance & Planning position.
The selected candidate for the above position will be entitled to an attractive remuneration package. Applicants who are interested are encouraged to apply on or before 05th February 2022.